Thursday, April 19, 2012

PDX, I love your sweet treats.


Sometimes, I feel like a very lucky lady. This usually involves people bringing me cupcakes unannounced, but especially when said treats travel across the country to find their way into my belly.

Because I know a lot of people who travel, I am a frequent recipient of delicious cupcakes that have flown on planes. Most recently, I had the AWESOME treat of eating mini-cupcakes from Cupcake Jones, a bakery in Portland, Oregon.

I only have a bad picture that I hastily took in my kitchen, but that won't stop me from praising these delicious creations. While all of the cupcakes I had were delightful, my favorite was Chocolate Chip Cookie, pictured here, thanks to their delightful website. Each of these flavors were balanced well, all with fantastic frosting. I hate buttercream when it feels like I am eating lard, but this was the real deal. I will definitely be finding ways to head to PDX to try each and every flavor.

Sidenote - For those of you keeping track at home, I ate:
Velvet Painting
What's up Doc?
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Peanut Butter Cup
Lemoncello
PB & J

No comments:

Post a Comment