Monday, April 30, 2012

Philly Cupcake: Where Dreams DO Come True!

One of the hardest things about growing up is when all of your friends move away.  One of the GREATEST things about growing up is having an excuse to eat lots of cupcakes in new cities because your friends have moved away.

As I'm starting to plan this summer's trip to Philly to see the lovely and delightful Kelly, I can't help but reminisce about my trip last summer.  Since I had never been to Philadelphia before (I know ... I'm a bad East Coast gal), we hit the rounds of typical tourist things - Benjamin Franklin's house, The Magic Gardens, the Liberty Bell, etc.

However, as anyone who knows either one of us can surmise, there was also a lot of eating.  And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT.  Between the cheeseburgers, sticky buns, and PBR, I'm surprised that I made it home in one piece!

Before I journeyed south, Kelly asked me how many cupcake places were "too many," to which I responded, "There are never enough."

She decided to take me to Philly Cupcake, and I was not disappointed.  In fact, as the photo below will indicate, I was SO FREAKING EXCITED.



Kells had a bit of a disappointment with her cupcake, but mine was awesome.  I don't remember what it was, but it had iridescent sprinkles and purple frosting.  It was amazing.  (I perused their menu to see if I could jolt my memory, but apparently, I had a seasonal flavor!  I guess I'll just have to rediscover it this summer...)

I also flirted with the guy working at the cupcake store and got a free cupcake.  You know, as one does.


Check them out: www.phillycupcake.com

1 comment:

  1. It was a delicate white velvet cake with raspberry preserves and raspberry swiss meringue buttercream frosting. delightful!

    ReplyDelete