Friday, September 7, 2012

Georgetown Cupcakes: Boston Edition

Many big and exciting things happened this summer, leaving me unable to post with the frequency which I would have liked, but it is time to remedy that!  (For more deets, see next post.)

I was lucky enough to spend a humid August evening with my dear friend Korland, with whom I have shared cupcakes in the past!  Korland knows his red velvet and doesn't mess around with sweet treats, so when he told me that a Georgetown Cupcake had opened up in Boston, it was mandatory for us to find our way there - as quickly as possible.

I often try to taste the most adventurous flavors that I can find, but when we walked into this delightful shop, I was drawn to the Vanilla2.  I know, you must be thinking to yourself, "Really, Kim?  Vanilla cupcake and vanilla frosting?"  With Korland's encouragement, I stepped up to the counter and ordered, and I was definitely not disappointed by my selection.

Even at the end of the day, this madagascar bourbon vanilla cake was moist and fluffy, and the vanilla cream cheese frosting had a creaminess and sweetness that wasn't overpowering.  As you can see in the photo to the right, there was no lack of frosting on this cupcake, which pleased me greatly - especially since it was just so delightful.

Korland enjoyed the Chocolate2, a Valrhona chocolate cupcake with a whipped Callebaut chocolate frosting.  If I had the stomach for that much chocolate, I would have gladly shoved my face into it.  Suffice to say, neither of our cupcakes lasted very long.

In short, I can't recommend Georgetown Cupcakes enough!  Had I more time, I would have tried even more flavors, but that's a story for another post...

www.georgetowncupcake.com

No comments:

Post a Comment