Friday, September 7, 2012

I never want this cupcake to end.

Having been in Chicago for a few days now, it was decided that I should try my first cupcake in my new city.  After a rather hilarious and stressful morning, it seemed like a great idea!

My wonderful (and pregnant!) friend Jonel has generously volunteered to be my companion as I start eating my way through Chicago cupcakeries, so, on her suggestion, we meandered our way through downtown to Sugar Bliss Cake Boutique.  With so many flavors changing daily, I will most assuredly find my way back here and keep tasting.  I mean... they have "Breakfast Cupcakes."  Really?  I love this place.

Among the flavors tasted were their traditional Red Velvet, Lemon Drop, and Pistachio.  The red velvet was fine - good, but nothing to write home about, especially since I have been very spoiled in the past.  The Lemon Drop was wonderfully flavored - not overpowering in either the cake or the frosting with lemon, and deliciously moist.

But the Pistachio.  Their seasonal flavor (until Sunday.)  Holy.  Crap.

I am not kidding when I say that I will remember this cupcake for the rest of my life.  If you live in Chicago, YOU MUST GET THERE BEFORE SUNDAY AND EAT THIS CUPCAKE.  I am planning on going back tomorrow to stock up and stockpile.  Seriously.

A huge pistachio fan anyway, I cannot even begin to describe what joy this cupcake brought to me.  The cake was fluffy and had the delicious pistachio flavor, and the pistachio buttercream frosting (topped with chopped pistachios!) may be my favorite frosting of all time.

Each cupcake is decorated with their "signature Sugar Bliss bloom design," and it really is something to behold.  I can't wait to keep eating these cupcakes!  Besides being delicious and beautiful, they are also very reasonably priced.

Can't.  Wait.  For.  More.

www.sugarblisscakes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment